What is Microsoft 365 setup?
You can set up your existing Office desktop applications like Word 2010, Outlook 2010, or Outlook 2007 to work with Office 365. Use Office 365 desktop setup to configure your desktop applications and install required updates.
Getting Started with Microsoft 365
There are many factors to keep in mind when choosing between Office and microsoft365.com/setup
Depending on what type of work you want to do on the respective productivity platforms, These software’s are not different in features but in pricing. Microsoft 365 being a subscription-based productivity suite is basically a membership-style program that is better suited for Businesses and Workplaces as there is no need to worry about updates or anything related to custom.
Whereas Office is a one-time purchase and does not offer freebies with it. Though as it is a one-time purchase, making it easier to work with and easier to setup up. There is no need for recurring payments and you can use the productivity program as per your need with any of the app that is included with the software. Microsoft Office includes all the premium applications and can be used on any device, ranging from Windows PCs to Mac Book Laptops and Smartphones and tablets.
MICROSOFT OFFICE 365 APPLICATIONS AND THEIR USES
- com setup , which was rebranded from Office 365 earlier in 2020, is Microsoft’s flagship productivity software. For a monthly fee, you can subscribe to a plan and gain access to several programs such as the classic Microsoft applications Word, PowerPoint and Excel. You may be surprised to know your Office subscription comes with over 20 installed apps ready to use*.
- There are 100’s more in the Microsoft Store, but we’re just going to focus on the ones that built-in automatically. Here at Superfast IT support, we recommend Office 365 to our clients to help with their business needs and productivity. It's also more secure than using a traditional on-premise Microsoft Exchange server.
How to Purchase Microsoft 365
- If you want to purchase Microsoft 365 you have to follow these simple steps:
- Go to Microsoft365.com.
- Choose For home, For business, For enterprise and For education.
- Select your Plan and Click Buy Now.
- Sign In to your Account or Create one.
- Click Next, Once Signed In.
- Pick a Payment Method, You can use your Credit or Debit Card.
- Once the Payment is successful. Your purchase is successful.
HOW TO INSTALL OR DOWNLOAD Microsoft 365 setup
You can install these apps on PC, Mac, Android tablets, Android phones; iPad, and iPhone.
- Open your Web browser and sign in to your account at www.office.com. You can either use your Microsoft account (email@example.com) or your work account (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Because I don’t know what your start screen will be, it’s best that after you sign in you go to the following URL in your browser: https://portal.office.com/ols/mysoftware.aspx. It doesn’t matter whether you open a new tab or stay on your current tab to type this URL. This will take you to the following Software section in your Office 365 portal.
- Make sure you are installing the 32-bit version of Office. If your screen shows 64-bit, click Advanced and change it to 32-bit. It’s extremely rare that you would need to install 64-bit version of Office. If you already have a certain version installed (e.g. 64-bit), Office is smart enough to detect your existing version and install the same version for you.
Note: According to Microsoft, the 64-bit version is now installed by default. However, I noticed the 32-bit version of Office as default in my Office 365 subscription.
- Click Installat the bottom of the screen. This will install Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Skype for Business, and OneDrive for Business apps on your local computer. Notice there’s nothing on this screen that tells you which version of Office will be installed. That’s because Microsoft says it will automatically install the latest version. In fact, Microsoft says even if your screen says Office 2016 and Office 2019 is the latest version, it will install Office 2019.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. Answer Yesto the prompt Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?
- When you start any Office application and click Acceptto agree to Microsoft’s licensing terms, your entire Office suite will be activated. There’s no need to activate each individual application.
- If you want to deactivate Office on one computer and install it on the other, click the My account Install status hyperlink under the Manage installs section in the above screenshot. Here you can deactivate a previous install of Office 365 ProPlus and then go back and install Office 365 ProPlus on another computer. When you install Office it will install all the applications included in it. You no longer have a choice of installing certain apps or removing certain apps after installing Office. If you don’t want to see certain apps then just delete the shortcuts to those apps.
How to renew Microsoft 365
You can renew your Microsoft 365 subscription by simply purchasing a new subscription from a local store and then upgrading your old subscription or you can do it online, follow steps.
- Go to office.com/renew webpage.
- Sign In to your subscription account.
- Click Renew Now to pay for a full year of Microsoft 365.
- If you want monthly renewal, click on the Renew with a monthly subscription.